Whether you are an old hand, a new-comer or aspiring creative, we welcome your work for consideration.
INVITATION TO SUBMIT
We invite artists and writers from all over the world aged 16+ to submit their work through our electronic submission system.
For considered inclusion in the Scene & Heard, all forms and styles of writing and visual arts are accepted.
Architects, designers, engineers, inventors, and all other "unknown" categories of creators are warmly invited to submit their creations and stories.
Published selections are final and grant the publisher exclusive, worldwide, print and electronic rights for a period of 12 months.
Upon successfully being accepted into The Scene & Heard Journal, contributors will be asked to accept the terms and conditions of publishing their work in the Scene & Heard
The Scene & Heard Online
The Scene & Heard Online accepts submissions on a roll-in basis year round, through our electronic submission system only. Submissions may be sent at any time, year-round.
Simultaneous Submissions: We accept multiple submissions. Simultaneous submissions to other journals are fine as long as they are identified as such and we are notified immediately upon acceptance elsewhere.
Artists of all ages from 16 + are encouraged to submit their visual and literary artistry.
For all submissions:
The author’s name, address, telephone number, and email address should be typed at the top of the first page. Please include a brief biographical note and the inspiration and motivation for creating the piece and include a list description identifying each file with the title and description of each of the visual arts files you are submitting.
Submissions should be in 12-point type, with at least one-inch margins, and sequentially numbered pages. File formats accepted: .doc,.docx, .rtf, .pdf, .txt.
Submissions can be in one of the following file formats: .jpeg, .png, .tif and combined into a single .pdf document. Each document should be no larger than 50MB.
We accept all genres of art and writing. If you are unsure of whether your submission will be accepted for reading, please drop an email to the firstname.lastname@example.org before submitting your work.
- All Work submitted must be your OWN, ORIGINAL WORK
- All work must be previously unpublished
- Literary pieces must be no more than 3,000 words long.
Contributors selected to feature in the print edition of the online publication will receive a complimentary print copy of the issue that their work appears in. Contributors may purchase additional copies at a 30% discount off the cover price.
CompensationSubmissions selected for the print edition selected from pieces published online may be offered compensation in cash or kind. All other submissions published online but not selected for featuring in the print edition will not qualify for any compensation.
Artists & Writers looking for cash compensation may submit to the print only publication here.
For any questions or concerns please contact: email@example.com
Feature On Our Front Cover Of Issue 2
The Scene & Heard Journal seeks a single image for use on the front cover of its second print issue. Submissions may be sent immediately until December 31st 2017.
Submit colour or black and white images that you feel would be a striking representation of TSHJ. The image can be an original photograph, image of a painting, drawing, sketch, etc. You have full creative license to show us what we have never seen. We welcome any subject matter, however, the main theme of the second issue will be LOVE & NEW BEGINNINGS"
The artist whose image is selected by the editors for use on the cover in the 2nd issue of the magazine in 2018 will be compensated $250.00, two free copies of the issue as well as a complimentary 1 year subscription, subject to signing and accepting the terms and conditions found below. There is a $25 editor fee for each entry. You may submit multiple entries.
Runners up- 2nd and 3rd place will receive $75 each and 2 copies of the issue. 2nd and 3rd place will be featured artists for the inside and back covers of the issue.
Artists of all ages from 16 + are encouraged to submit their visual and photographic artistry.
For any questions or concerns please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY AND ARTIST AGREEMENT
PLEASE READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED BELOW, AND THEN USE THE FORM AT THE BOTTOM TO INDICATE YOUR CONSENT & AGREEMENT.
This agreement is between Imajin LLC (for The Scene & Heard journal) incorporated in the state of Delaware , of postal address is 4281 Express Lane, Suite L4107, Sarasota, FL, 34238 USA, hereafter referred to as the Publisher, and the Writer/Artist whose name is indicated below.
The Writer/Artist grants permission to include his/her Work, the title of which is entered below, in the Scene & Heard journal.
- The use of the Work by the Publisher entails the assignment of First World Rights, for publication in the English language anywhere in the world.
- The Publisher shall be entitled to First World Rights for a period of (9) nine months after publication and non-exclusive worldwide print and electronic publication rights thereafter.
- The Work is to be included in THE SCENE & HEARD journal.
The Publisher retains the right to offer issues of the publication containing the Work for sale for as long as they choose, across all forms of media, existing and future, in perpetuity worldwide.
- The Publisher may also post excerpts or parts of the Work electronically or in marketing media of all types for promotion purposes.
- The Publisher retains the right to republish the Work in future anthologies of The Scene & Heard.
- The Publisher also retains the right to bundle individual issues of the magazine or anthologies into single-file product offerings, and also to produce alternate versions of a given magazine/journal/or other print or electronic issue or anthology or product in order to meet the requirements of specific distributors, without additional payment to The Writer/Artist.
All other rights remain with The Writer/Artist.
Payments and Royalties:
For the rights granted above, the Writer/Artist, will receive a payment of :
- Two (2) free copies of the The Scene & Heard print magazine in which his/her work appears;
- A Minimum of USD $50.00 (FIFTY) per Submission. The amount to be paid is indicated in the form below.
A Submission constitutes ONE unique piece of Work submitted for editorial consideration in one electronic dissemination as per the Submission criteria employed by the Publisher at the time of this agreement, and, for which the Writer/Artist has paid or agrees to pay at a later date the Editorial Fee of USD $15 (Twenty-Five).
- Payment of Editorial Fees does not guarantee that the Work submitted by the Writer/Artist will be accepted and published by the Publisher; Nor does such payment constitute a contractual agreement between the Writer/Artist and the Publisher.
- In no case, including Writer/Artist refusal to accept the terms of the agreement herein,
(EXCEPT if the Publisher withdraws the offer to publish prior to publication), will the Editorial Fee be deemed refundable.
- The payment due to the Writer/Artist will be made within 30 days from the date of publication.
In the case where the Writer/Artist has not paid the Editorial Fee, by previous agreement, with the Publisher, the Publisher is entitled to deduct the fee from the compensation due to the Writer/Artist and will do so at it’s own discretion without further consent from the Writer/Artist.
Publication and Reversion
- The Publisher agrees to make every attempt to publish the Work within twelve (12) months of the execution of this Agreement.
- If the Publisher is not able to publish the Work within twelve months, the Writer/Artist may declare this Agreement invalid by providing the Publisher notification in writing, at which time, all rights will revert to the Writer/Artist.
- The Publisher may withdraw the offer to publish at any time, for any reason, prior to publication with a written notice to the Writer/Artist, at which time all rights will revert to the Writer/Artist.
- If the Writer/Artist has received payment for the Work and declares this Agreement invalid, the Writer/Artist agrees to refund payment to the Publisher within thirty-one (31) days.
Writer/Artist Warranties and Indemnities:
- The Writer/Artist warrants that he or she is the sole author of the Work; And;
- That he or she is the owner of all the rights granted to the Publisher hereunder and has full power to enter into this agreement and to make the grants herein contained;
- That the Work is original and any prior publication of the Work in whole or in part has been fully disclosed to the Publisher;
That the Work does not violate the right of privacy of any person;
That, to the Writer/Artist’s knowledge, it is not libelous or obscene and contains no matter which is libelous, in violation of any right of privacy, harmful to the user or any third party so as to subject the Publisher to liability or otherwise contrary to law; and
That it does not infringe upon any copyright or upon any other proprietary or personal right of any person, firm or corporation.
- The Writer/Artist agrees to hold the Publisher harmless against any judgements finally sustained that the Work contains/contained including but not limited to libel, plagiarism and/or invasion of privacy.
No Competing Publication:
The Writer/Artist agrees not to publish or permit others to publish the Work in any form prior to its publication and appearance in the magazine and for the first 9 months after its appearance.
Changes in Text or Title:
The Publisher will make no major alterations to the Work’s text or title without the Writer/Artist’s written approval. The Publisher reserves the right to make minor copy-editing changes to conform the style of the text to its customary form and usage, and corrections of typographical or grammatical errors without Writer/Artist consent.
Rights & Attributions:
The Publisher agrees to list a proper and all due credit and attribution notice for the work in the name of the Writer/Artist.
This agreement shall be deemed executed under the laws of the state of Delaware. The parties acknowledge that each party has read and understood the terms of this contract.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, Writer/Artist and the Publisher have executed this agreement on the day and year below, to be effective immediately if the dates are the same, or on the date of the later signature if the dates are not the same.
This electronic signature will be considered of identical weight to a handwritten signature. Typing-in Writer/Artist information in the following fields and returning to The Publisher via Email or other form of Electronic delivery constitutes Writer/Artist’s digital signature and acceptance of this contract.